Repurpose is growing and seeking a rockstar Staff Accountant.
We are seeking rockstar applicants for the full-time Staff Accountant job opening. At Repurpose Inc. finances are the fuel that keeps our company moving. We’re looking for a qualified staff accountant to keep our company and clients’ numbers and budgets on track with unwavering accuracy. The most successful people will have a natural passion for math, and a strong understanding of the intricacies of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, and other financial transactions within an organization. He or she will play an enormously important supportive role, keeping our company and clients’ financial outlook bright with precision and proactive measures.
You will be the stakeholder of a range of vital responsibilities under the operations umbrella, including controlling A/P & A/R, maintaining financial reports, preparing and analyzing budgets, managing broker commissions and other general bookkeeping. The ideal candidate exercises extreme attention to detail, is a natural problem solver, and demonstrates knowledge of technical and operational accounting and finance. Follow-through in all activities is a must. If you are results-oriented, adaptable and have great interpersonal skills, this is the job for you! You will report to the Director of Operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Execute mid-level general ledger account reconciliations, accurate reporting, and data verification, enabling senior staff to analyze options and make financial decisions aligned with company objectives
• Support timely monthly, quarterly, half-year, and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of all operational management accounts
• Record all financing activities
• Manage payroll through ADP
• Maintain and update records and reports for profit and loss, taxes, liabilities, and assets
• Prepare special financial reports as requested by management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
• Prepare payments by accruing expenses and assigning account numbers when needed
• Request disbursements and reconcile accounts
• File all foreign and domestic tax documents
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business accounting, or finance preferred
• 5-7 years of accounting experience
• Experience with Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel
• Understanding of inventory functions in Quickbooks Desktop Manufacturing & Wholesale Edition
• Vendor and customer reconciliations experience
• Strict attention to detail, highly organized and efficient
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of GAAP
Please send a resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org In your cover letter, please include why you would be a good fit for Repurpose. We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible.